Monday, December 14, 2015

Making Wishes for the New Year


This time of year, I have a special project that I do to help me to focus my energies, and manifest my wishes for the New Year. I want to share this project with you.

I always begin this project prior to Winter Solstice, and if there is a New Moon a week or two before, that is when I begin. If there isn't, I just begin when it feels like it is time!

The main part of this project is to visualize what you want to bring into your life in the coming year, and that is why we do it at this time of year, for Winter Solstice is the beginning of the Solar Year, and then there is New Years, which is the beginning of the calendar year. These energies combine to give us magickal power for manifesting our wishes!

Some would call this project a Vision Board. For me, it's more than that. It's a representation of my energy determining what it wants to focus on in the coming year. So it's not about a new house or new car or even money, it's more about what I want to learn, what I want to attract into my life.

I will sit and think about what I want to bring into my life for a few days, before I start the actual project. This year might be about music, laughter, happiness, growing a garden or eating healthy food, it might be about traveling, writing, or even publishing a book. It will not be about anything material, however. That's the dividing line. I like to believe that when we pursue our true goals, we get what we need materially, to support us in our efforts. If I need a car to travel in, and I work towards my goals, the car will be provided. Or, the car might be something I'd wish for from any New to Full Moon. It will not be a yearly goal, however. The same with anything material, that isn't a worthy yearly goal. What is worthy? That which makes us happy! Some might say a new car would make them happy, but what does it really bring to your life, is it something you can hold onto, something that changes the way  you think? Something that improves you as a person? That's my criteria, if it doesn't feed my soul, then it doesn't belong on my project board.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

A piece of white poster board
Crayons, colored pencils, magic markers
Wishes

HOW TO DESIGN A BOARD FOR YOUR YEARLY GOALS:

Basically, you want to do this the same way you would a Vision Board, only for this one, you will be using your own energy to create pictures/symbols/words instead of using those from a magazine or catalog. I have found that by adding my creative energy to these boards, that it carries a lot more energy, and it manifests one's wishes in a more powerful way. I can go back to mine from last year and clearly see that it all manifested in my life, during the year. Sometimes, when I begin learning about something new, I'll go back to my board, and see that it was there, on the board, all along, even tho I may have forgotten about it, the Universe has not.

And that's the thing, here we are setting our Intentions with the Universe. We have to allow them to manifest in our lives in Divine Timing. This will happen throughout the year, when you are ready for these things in your life. So dream big, let each wish build on the one before it, and let your imagination take you to places you have never dreamed of going before.

I like to connect all of my wishes, with lines and colors and shapes. In the end, it might look like a particular image. The first one I did, for example, ended up with a Turtle in the center of it, just because of the way I connected all the different categories of things I listed. It wasn't intentional that a Turtle appear there, it was magickal that it did. That's when I knew I was doing the right thing, and that it was meant to be, everything on the board.

Sometimes, I use tree limbs to connect things, or flowers, or various Sacred Geometry shapes. All of these put added energy into the piece. The more you color and design, the more energy you are adding. And it's fun. That's what we are missing sometimes, is having fun and enjoying what we are doing, by putting all of our energy into it. Just like when you color in a coloring book, you are giving it all of your energy and attention. Make it yours, make it personal, make it feel like you, and make it enjoyable, not just to make, but also to look at, for you will need to hang it in your home or Sacred Space on an East facing wall, in a place where you can see it every day.

You may want to review it during the year, but aside from seeing it every day, you don't need to do anything else. Just wait and see how it all develops in your life. One thing is connected to the next, and these wishes will fall into place in the same way, you will see how everything that you have wished for is connected. By the end of the year, you have gone full circle, seeing all of your wishes to fruition. Speaking of Circles, you could begin the project going around a circle in the center of your poster board. Or make lines out in all directions. Or flower petals. Or an Egg of Life symbol. Or any design you wish! It's your energy, your wishes, and your magick. Have fun with it!

And please feel free to share your experience with this project in the comments. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Remember, this is a week for wishing. Make it count!

Next time, we'll talk about Solstice.

Many Blessings of love and abundance,
Michelle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Copyright 2015 Michelle Phillips
No part of this blog may be copied, shared, or distributed without prior written permission. If you'd like to share, please share the link instead. Thank you!

No comments: